24 Mar The Ideal Situation for a Management Buyout
Thousands of sources of equity capital in the U.S. and around the world are willing and able to pay top dollar for great companies, leave the tenured management in place, provide meaningful ownership to the manager or management team that remains, and mentor and support the new owner-managers in continuing to grow the business. This is the type of transaction Acquisition Advisors specializes in and is proud to bring about.
Ideal candidates for this type of transaction have the following characteristics:
- The business is in the United States.
- The business is well-established, healthy and earning annual EBITDA of $2 million to $25 million.
- The current owner wishes to sell but does not need to sell.
- The current owner wants top dollar, but such is not his/her only goal in the sale. Particularly, the seller also wants to:
- “Take care” of his/her employees (and secure higher ownership for the key manager(s) to the extent possible.
- Do his/her best to place the business in a position where it has a good chance of continuing to succeed.
- See the business continue to be in the facility and/or community it currently is in.
If your situation fits these criteria, we hope this site serves you well. If you have questions or would like to discuss your particular situation, contact Acquisition Advisors, 918-748-7995.